ASPIRE TOUR LEADER
Aspire Tours conducts small group tours (14 guests or fewer).
Aspire Tours is continuously looking for qualified guides. We operate tours year-round; tour volume is highest April through November, during which time we need part-time, hourly, and On-Call Hourly guides to join our existing staff. Tours can be between 3 hours and up to a 12 hour day.
Aspire Tours is looking for gifted, confident, mature, enthusiastic, dynamic Tour Leaders.
You should be confident, open-minded, with a great sense of humor. You have solid organizational, communication, and problem solving skills. You are a natural leader and a team player; you are flexible, curious, and a great listener. You have a love for Colorado, the outdoors, and are a people person. You are reliable, intuitive and know how to act under pressure and high stress situations.
- Lead a diverse range of half and full day tours. Most of the time will be spent working alone with clients.
- Give interpretive commentary about the specific areas, including history, geology, general ecology, and current happenings.
- Safely transport clients in upscale Mercedes vans or SUV’s
- Meet/exceed industry standard protocol when managing clients in various outdoor and urban environments.
- Provide professional appearance and conduct with all clients, colleagues, and partner organizations.
- Comfortable driving 14-passenger upscale Mercedes vans, crossovers or SUV’s in all conditions (city streets under heavy traffic/winter mountain roads).
- Resident of Colorado
- College degree or equivalent life experience
- Responsible, independent, creative-thinking, self-starting, charismatic individual.
- Able to provide 5-star guest service for individuals from various backgrounds, physical fitness, age groups and cultures.
- Clean driving record.
- DOT medical examiner’s certificate (minor physical), Drug Test
- Ability to lift 30 lbs/18 kg.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as an educator and/or interpretive guide.
- Experience in leadership development, team building, and/or group facilitation.
- Knowledge of naturalist specialties which may include: anthropology, birding, botany, geology, or glaciology.
- Our base pay is based on experience. We pay by the hour with options for bonuses. 5 star trip advisor bonus structure, customer gratuities, and corporate gratuities.
- On-the-job training and education.
- Industry discounts on services, equipment, and clothing.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to email@example.com